What lack about "Senyoku no Sigrdrifa"?

 Do you guys watching anime?

The other day, when I was watching "Senyoku no Sigrdrifa", I suddenly felt something wasn't enough.

Don't get me wrong, "Senyoku no Sigrdrifa" is a well-made original anime and has become one of my favorite anime.

So it's not that something is wrong.

 

 I will explain later what I felt wasn't enough.
First of all, When it comes to airplane anime what can you imagine?

Area 88?
Battle Fairy Yukikaze?
Porco Rosso?
Macross?
Stratos 4?
Last Exile?
The Sky Crawlers?
The Wind Rises?

There are various things.

I definitely recommend the "Koya no Kotobuki Hikotai" or "The Magnificent Kotobuki"(荒野のコトブキ飛行隊).

 

Well, why is that?

 

 As for the answer I mentioned earlier, what I felt wasn't enough was the "sound effect" of an airplane.

Of course, "Senyoku no Sigrdrifa" has the proper sound effects of airplanes, but the sound effects of "Koya no Kotobuki Hikotai" are way more excellent.

Fine details, choices, an abundance of types, balance with BGM, all of which are undisputed. (At least for me)

It's not that the other airplane animes are bad, but that the "Koya no Kotobuki Hikotai" is by far the best.

 In "Senyoku no Sigrdrifa", the sound effect of the airplane felt like a just bonus (You may not like the way I say this but) because the BGM during the air battle was superior.

It's not a substitute, but BGM is great. It makes me really hyped.

However, I think each Sound direction has a different policy on what to focus on, so who can't really say which method is good.

If you value the story and flow, it is better to suppress the sound effects, and you will likely don't need to stick to it.

 Going back to "Koya no Kotobuki Hikotai".

You will say "What exactly is good?",

For example,
- As a matter of course, the sound of the engine and the sound of the machine gun differ depending on the aircraft.
- The sound of the aircraft squeaking during a sharp turn.
- The sound of ailerons screaming during ascending and descending.
- The Sound of got hits considered the material of the aircraft.
- Sound due to wind pressure according to the behavior of the aircraft.
etc... there is no end to it.

 And it also changes on from where they are shooting with the camera.

Is it the sound you hear in the cockpit?
Is it the sound of the camera's point of view chasing the dogfight?
Is it a sound that can be heard from a distance on a long shot?

 To be honest, I don't think it makes sense to put my words.

 Episode1 has been released on YouTube, so if you are interested, please watch it. (See bottom of page)

However, there is one caveat.

Please listen with headphones.

You can enjoy amazing sound effects such as "Wow, Did you include such a sound!?".

By the way, the "Koya no Kotobuki Hikotai" itself has a mysterious picture that mixes hand-written and 3D characters in the same shots, so some people may cause rejection by appearance, but I think sound-making is great like acceptable to appearance.

*This video is Japanese but it's enough to you hearing the sound effect.


Comments